Thursday, June 21, 2012

Painting Pottery on a Tuesday

Tuesday night I attended Bunco at a friend's home. It was wonderful to spend time with "the girls" sans children. When Andrew got home at 6, I was frantically trying to finish the things I was taking for food. I thought I had picked rather easy things to take to Bunco. I shared the responsibility with another friend. I made chocolate stuffed raspberries, feta cucumbers, and skewers with strawberry shortcake. In reality, if someone else who enjoys coooking had made it, it probably would have been much easier for them. I loathe cooking and struggle with time management in the kitchen. I told Andrew that I just don't understand how other people can make things and show up looking wonderful. He is such a good husband. He reminded me that other people don't have three young children, one with definite special needs. Other people have relatives nearby who help out or nannies or a cleaning service. He is probably right. While I was trying to get everything accomplished, the three kids were bouncing off the walls, despite having a full day of activities. We went to story time at the Clayhouse. After the stories, the kids picked something to paint. It was a lot of fun and the girl who works there is hilarious. The kids enjoyed paintng their pottery. Gabriel found a "Mario" fish, Alex painted a truck many different colors, and Lane painted a flower. We get to pick them up in 5-10 days. Gabriel had a very difficult time understanding that the pottery had to go in an oven and had to stay at the Clayhouse. The kids were given a box of chalk to color on their chalk wall. It's funny how much fun it is to color a wall! When we left, Alex looked like a true artist, covered in chalk and paint. Afer the Clayhouse, we went to Publix to get the items I needed for Bunco. I've come to loathe our trips to the grocery store. It's a challenge with all three of them but, usually, it isn't as bad as I anticipate. Before we went into the grocery store, a fire truck pulled into the parking lot. Alex was concerned that someone was hurt in the store so as the fire fighters were walking toward us, I asked them. They explained that they were at the store to get their dinner and asked the kids if they wanted to see the truck. How cool is that? They were also given hats! My kids get to do some of the neatest things, impromptu or planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!