Friday, June 15, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Andrew doesn't ask for much. In fact, if he hints at something, I add it to the back of my calendar so I know to pick it up for a holiday or birthday. I know he can always use a new tie or black socks but it can't be much fun to open that type of gift up when you're a guy. Andrew told me that the most disappointing gifts he received as a child were clothing. Okay, point taken and I don't buy many clothes as gifts for him. This year he will receive the above photo in a frame for work. I think he's overdue for a photo of the kids. The kids didn't want to change into matchy-matchy clothing and it was hot so this was the best I could do and I actually like it. It's a good shot of their personalities and attitudes for the day. I also had the kids fill out a questionaire about their dad. I found a cute printable on this blog http://creativehomemakers.blogspot.com/2010/06/fathers-day-printable.html The kids answers are so darn cute - they have no concept of height and weight. One last thing we made was some artwork. The kids put their handprints on a large piece of paper. On it I wrote, "hands down, you're the best dad." Andrew wants to go to the beach for Father's Day this year so I think it will be a nice day to honor what a good father he is to his three little munchkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!