Monday, June 18, 2012

Week Two of Mai Summer Education has started

Week One of Summer Education went off well. The boys worked on the computer, sequencing, sight words, and more. We read a lot of books. I hope to help their fluency when they read. I'm not sure how to accomplish this but I'm definitely trying with what I know. Lots of reading the same books and lots of encouragement for them. Today was the beginning of Week Two. I couldn't find my motivation this morning for educationl material. Instead, we watch cartoons, played legos, danced, and played games. After dinner, I pulled out the journals and some work for the kids. We didn't do as much today but it's great that we can complete it any time that works for us. I can see some advantages to home schooling already! Gabriel was able to take a shower and get dressed at lunch time and he was one happy kid. I saw this cute activity on this blog: http://www.activity-mom.com/2012/04/early-learning-activities-for-my-1-year.html and had to try it. I found the green syrofoam at the dollar store and stole golf tees from my husband's golf bag. Then I threw it in a basket from the same dollar store for her. $2 activity lead to tons of fun. I swear the simplest things turn into the most fun adventures. Gabriel even played with it for the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!