Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Education Week 3

There are two more days left of week 3 summer education. Lane has been working on recognizing A,B,C,D and E. She added letter stickers for her journal but didn't want to work on anything else. She was interested in Starfall (starfall.com) when Alex worked on it. I think she learns a lot through observation. I printed 5 pages of insect pictures with words. I cut the insects and words apart, gave it to the boys, and they matched it. They enjoyed sounding out the words to match the bugs. Alex thought the stink bug was the coolest thing ever.
For the free printable, go here: http://www.kidsparkz.citymax.com/f/Word_wall_insects1.pdf I added a red dot to the words to encourage the boys to sound the words out. I saw the idea on this site: http://www.teacher-support-force.com/how-to-teach-sight-words.html It seemed worth the effort to try it. I further sectioned the words into their blends by putting a box around the blend. They were able to sound out and read the words much easier. I think I'll keep doing it for them to help them pick out the blends that they struggle with at this point. I'm also working on place settings with the kids. I printed place mats from this site, added their names, and laminated it. I think it help them undersand where cups, utensils, and plates should be placed by having a visual. http://www.parents.com/fun/printables/other/table-setting-place-mats/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!