Friday, June 22, 2012

Rainy Day Painting for Summer Education Week 2

We were going to go bowling with the playgroup for our Friday Fun Day adventure. However, everyone else backed out and I didn't want to go alone. I can do anything I want alone and bowling isn't one of the activities I would pick. Besides our usual daily routine, I couldn't decide what to do with the kids for the day. Andrew called to let me know that his conference was a the nearby Gaylord and he had an hour break for lunch. Well, that took care of our lunch time plans! After we took Andrew back to the hotel, we went to the library to get our first Osceola Co. library card. It's been a year since I've taken the kids to the library and they were very upset that we weren't going back to see their Ms. Odessa in S. Sioux City. Sorry, kids, but driving 24+ hours to go the library isn't in the plans for today. That sounds like hell to me. They were too loud in the library but we managed to check out some DVDs and books. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE FREE lately? Seriously, why do I forget that the kids are completely happy with the free movies at the library?! I almost skipped out to the van after we picked everything out. Except that Alex wanted to run ahead of us in a parking lot with a car pulling in. No more skipping and joyous thoughs for me. Back to reality quickly. We watched one of our videos when we got home and then pulled out the painting ideas I had for the week of Summer Education. We made puffy paint using this web site: http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/glimmer-paints-663462/ It's salt, flour, food coloring, and water. A paste with color, I guess. Lane worked on fine motor skills and letter recognition this afternoon. She was quite happy with her homemade purple paint. For the boys, I wrote their sight words for the week on paper with white crayon. They water colored to find the words and thought that was a pretty cool way to find words. If I had only known figured this out a year ago! Lane wanted to watercolor too so she got A, B, C, and D as her secret message. Gabriel has been working hard on his Plato computer program for school. He seems to be learning a lot already. The computer seems to be a good way for him to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!