Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Drip Pans - who knew?

A big thank you goes to Pinterest yet again. Pinterest will either make me a more fun and involved parent or it will make me feel like a less adequate parent, I can't decide. Either way, I'm having a lot of fun finding things that I enjoy doing with the kids. I've had a drip pan idea pinned for a while. I even had "drip pan" written on my Walmart shopping list for quite a while. And why the drip pan? I wish I could say that it was there to change the oil in our vehicle but I'm not quite that inspired yet. Nor do I know if I ever will be but in any case, drip pans can be made into HUGE magnetic board. For under $12.00, I created an enormous area for our magnets that didn't include our fridge. I can't stand a bunch of magnets on a fridge because it looks junky and the magnets migrate under the fridge, driving me crazy. Lord knows how many toys we left behind and under our fridge in Iowa. I was thrilled to find something that could give the kids access to their magnets without taking over the fridge. They seem to like it too. Every day they put the entire magnet collection back on the drip pan.

1 comment:

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!