Friday, September 28, 2012

Just Because...

Since school started, every Friday is the same. Andrew takes the Princess to school, 40 minutes away, and I take the boys to school. This morning began like any other Friday except Andrew told me that he forgot to turn the lights off the Trooper the night before so I would have to drive everyone this morning. I sighed and agreed. I was slightly annoyed that my day would involve driving everyone to their respective locations but grateful that we had one working vehicle. I wanted to ask Andrew if we could jump the battery of the Trooper with the van but decided there must be some reason why he didn't suggest it himself. We dropped the boys off and drove to Lane's school. Lane transitions so well to her class. It's amazing.
We got back in the van. Andrew handed me a card that said, "Just Because." He declared it Just Because Day. The card was sweet and sappy. I won't share it on a public page because many things couples say and do should remain private and between them. Basically, he wanted to spoil me just because he thinks I take care of the rest of the family first before myself. WOW! My husband SHOCKED me! After knowing him for over 24 years, I didn't know he could surprise me any more. My day included a couple massage at the Gaylord, lunch, and a bit of shopping. Andrew had a bag waiting in the back of the van in case I wanted a swimsuit. I can't believe I didn't see it. I usually notice anything out of place. We've never had a massage before today. It was awkward for me. I am pretty open to anything but realized today that I'm extremely uncomfortable in a situation like that but it didn't take long for me to realize why people love spas and massages. If I'm ever given the opportunity for another massage, I'll jump at it!
The tropical shower was incredible as was the steam room. After the massage, I ordered a glass of wine but they brought an entire botle. Clearly, I couldn't have a bottle of wine go to waste. Thank you Andrew for my "Just Because" day. I haven't been this relaxed in over 8 years. I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!