Tuesday, September 18, 2012

That's What Boys Are Made Of...

Before falling asleep, Alex, age 6, asked what he was made out of. Of course, I had to recite the following Mother Goose rhyme: What are little boys made of? Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails That's what little boys are made of ! What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice and all things nice That's what little girls are made of!
His blue eyes got bigger and he asked, "so are Daddy and Gabriel made out of snails and dog tails too?" I responded, "That's what the poem states." He was so silly and said, "but Mom, then I would have tail sticking out of my butt." Ah, so true little man. So I explained that I liked the part about what girls are made out of and he said that it couldn't possibly true. I'll leave it at that because I'm not sure I want him to explain why I'm not suger, spice, and all things nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!