Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dance Like Nobody's Looking...



Lane has been asking to attend ballet or gymnastics lessons. I couldn't decide which one was the best to start at the age of 3. I called a couple dance studios and did research on gymnastics programs in the area. When I found Joanne's dance studio, it seemed like a good fit for us. Lane attends a preschool class once a week that consists of gymnastics, ballet, and tap.




She began classes in January. I melt each week when I put her hair in piggy tales and help her put on tights and a leotard. She also adds a tutu or cute skirt to her outit. Her little ballet slippers and tap shoes are adorable.



Lane's class is small and I appreciate the extra attention available to her with the teacher to student ratio. Another little girl started the same day and they are inseperable. They are only a couple weeks apart in age. Their conversations are so darn cute and I adore their reactions when they see each other.



She has surprised me with how quickly she is learning the terms and steps. She easily shows me a pirouette and wants to practice several times a week. I hope her enthusiasm remains for many years.



I signed Alex up for hip hop at the same time. He was far more reluctant to participate. For over a month, he told us that he hated dance even though he would leave the class smiling. Finally, this last week he left crying. He cried because he didn't want to leave his class and teacher.

Their recital is in mid-June and I am excited to see how they react to their first performance. I think the costumes alone will make me melt.
Gabriel is also taking a dance class. It's a solo class and he is having a lot of fun. His teacher is incredibly patient and understanding. We have been very lucky to find a dance studio that works for all of our children and we are grateful for these expereinces with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!