Sunday, February 24, 2013

More Valentines Fun 2013




It is important that my children learn to be generous of their time. I want them to learn how to give, especially to people they love. Valentine's Day, even though it is coined as a Hallmark holiday, seems like a great day to teach this to my three cuties. I don't need much encouragment to celebrate a holiday with my family. They are at fun ages for cute crafts and treats.



They made handprint card for their teachers. The card said, "children hold our hearts in the palm of their hands." I added a gift card to each card to make it extra special for them. I got the idea from this site: http://mymontessorijourney.typepad.com/my_montessori_journey/2011/02/index.html



The boys took store bought cards with a red sucker taped to it. Lane, however, helped me assemble cards with bubbles. She actually helped with five of the 36 cards. The cards said, "I am bubbling with excitement that you are my friend." She lost interest rather quickly. I heard that she was thrilled to hand her cards out to her friends. A free printable is here: http://www.simplymodernmom.com/2012/02/a-bubbly-valentines-card-printable/



Alex's class needed treats for their party. I was at a creative loss until I saw marshmallow pops. All it takes to make them is sprinkles, sticks, marshmallows, and meltable candy. It took me a little while to figure out how to melt the candy to get it to coat on the marshmallows. I burned a couple bowls of the candy but once I figured it out, it was easy peasy. I saw the idea on this site: http://applevalleygirl.blogspot.ca/2013/01/valentines-marshmallow-pops.html The kids LOVED them.



Alex's teacher sent home this card that she made with the students. It is one of my favorite things this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!