Friday, February 15, 2013

Year of the Snake


The Chinese New Year fascinates me. I think I would enjoy celebrating this holiday but I don't know how to recreate that with my children. The only thing I've done is tellthem about the years and the animals. It's easy to do when we are sitting at a Chinese restaurant with the cute orange and white paper placemats. They all like to tell us which animal they are though I think Gabriel would rather be the dog than the monkey.
It is a challenge to find things to do with the kids to encourage learning about the Chinese New Year. I was delighted when Gabriel's teacher sent home a few things for us to do at home.
We made a little book about a dragon. We cut out the Chinese zodiac and glued it to paper, adding color to make it more interesting. We read about each animal and talked about if the description fit our personality. We also made a red paper wish.
If Andrew goes on his China trip, I'll be sure to ask him to bring back some fun things to complete our education on this neat holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!