Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Just like You"

I hope you get a daughter just like you. It's a common saying uttered under the breath of many parents. Maybe it's even said outloud. I think I heard this saying when I was a teenager but I can't be entirely sure. I might have just heard it on a movie or show. In any case, I know I heard it somewhere.
At the young age of two, I see many of my attributes in my daughter. Sometimes it amazes me that she does the things I used to do when I was her age. I'm sure many of things are just typical for two yeard old girls but it still surprises me to see her doing things I know I did as well.
Lane writes in our books and proudly shows her drawings to us. I don't mind because these moments won't last for long and one day I will treasure those little scribbles with fond memories.
She insists on putting on my clothing and giggles in delight. The other night, I saw these tiny bright pink fingerprints on my bathroom drawer -
Lane helped herself to my makeup. Apparently her little stash of age appropriate makeup wasn't enough and she had a blast with my red lip liner. She ruined it in the process.
After she had a bath, who could be angry at that adorable toddler face?
While I'm having fun watching her learn about being a girl and doing things I did at her age, I hope she doesn't have to learn by making the same mistakes I did. But if she does, I hope she always knows that she has a family here to support her through any decisions and choices she makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!