Sunday, January 1, 2012

Play foam - thumbs down!

Play Foam - don't do it! It looks like playdough in the package. It's bright and colorful. It looks like fun.
The package says that it won't create a mess and it's for age 3+. I thought - this will be a good way to spend time creatively together. I unwrapped the play foam and we made snowmen
Alex made a cake. This is a fantastic creative mode for the kids. Until I saw that it's made of little balls similar to Dippin Dots ice cream
These little balls got stuck in the kids hair and on the dogs fur. I couldn't pull it out of their hair so I decided it was bath time. Surely, these things dissolve, right?
No! I ended up picking little balls of foam off my children's body. These little balls of blue, orange, yellow, white, green and pink were in their ears! I tried combing them out and that didn't work either. I pulled each one out of their hair individually.
It's been three days and I'm still finding foam balls all over the house. One sneaky little bugger was on my son's face today. I wonder what will happen to the foam I tried to wash down the sink?
Play foam gets a big thumbs down from me!

2 comments:

  1. Play foam is loved at our house! Let me remind you that my boys are not into mixing colors and will kindly place their farm animals in it for a pasture or field. Good Luck!! Happy foaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it stick to the boys hands? This stuff was everywhere! Only the remnants were allowed to remain.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!