Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Crappy day

I'm very blessed. I am thankful that I have a wonderful husband, three children, and two dogs. We have a beautiful home and I have the ability to stay a home. We have two reliable cars. My kids have a room full of toys and closets over flowing with clothing Our pantry is full and there is even some extra money in our account.
Some days are awe inspiring. Those moments when a person needs to stop and fully enjoy every second. The birth of each of my children. Standing on the Great Wall of China and eating dinner in the Eiffel Tower. My wedding day was full of loved ones and sweet moments
Then there are those numbing, pain sheering days. The phone calls that a loved one has passed on from this life. The day I was told our newborn would be transported an hour and a half away. Each day I heard about an illness or disorder someone in my family would have to battle and learn to live with on a daily basis. Although I want to forget these difficult times, these days help me appreciate the mundane days that seem to blend into each other.
Despite being grateful for my life and knowing that things could be so much worse, some days are well, crappy. Yesterday was one of them. I really should have gone back to bed and skipped the entire day.
The day started with a glass shattering all over the kitchen tile floor. Our broom is at the other house so it was a challenge to clean up the many shards of glass. Throughout the day I found glass on the counter and in various parts of the kitchen.
I noticed the water pressure was lower than it had been since our move in the home on Friday. I checked all of the faucets and tightened them. Shortly after, the pressure returned to normal. I was quite proud of myself for fixing the problem. My proud moment evaporated when I read an email stating that the water pressure was due to a power outage and we have a boil water alert.
Swell.
I drove 40 minutes and took the kids to their old school to withdraw them. It took 45 minutes to complete the paperwork and the kids were WILD. They ran all over the great room and front office.
After the school adventure, we went to our old house to unlock the door for the cleaners. I loaded the van with our remaining items and headed to an eye appointment for Lane.
On the way to the appointment, I took the wrong exit and received a phone call that the home and carpet cleaners would not be able to complete the work. I usually do all of the cleaning myself but wanted to make this move easier on us by hiring help. So much for an easier move. (is there really such a thing??).
The boys yelled at each other while I meandered my way down busy I4. At one point Alex pulled Gabriel's hair and they both screamed at the same time. It was an eventful drive to the doctor's office.
I made it to the follow up appointment for Lane's eyes. The appointment time was 12:40. We were still sitting in the waiting room at 2:17 and the kids were WILD again. They were overly hungry and sick of waiting.
We finally met with the doctor and found out that despite the daily patching, Lane will need surgery. The surgery is an hour long and works 85% of the time. If we forego the surgery, she could have complete vision loss as well as an eye that is permanently outward. Three hours later, we were in our way home in pouring rain. I wanted to cry with the clouds but somehow held my tears in as I told Andrew about the results of the appointment.
I realized that the Harmony school was still open on our way home. I drug the kids in the school with the intention of registering the boys. The office staff originally told me that I only needed a lease or purchase agreement for the registration since we just moved in. When I arrived with the paperwork, she decided that I do need a second paper with our address on it. Somehow I have to get a utility bill with our current address on it. I don't want to waste time because I want Gabriel placed in the appropriate classroom immediately.
The day ended as it began, Alex dropped a jar of peanuts in the kitchen. Glass shattered everywhere. If it had been later than 5 pm, I would have hidden in my bedroom until Wednesday began.


1 comment:

  1. Super huge hugs to you...I know you are having another crappy day. Know that I love all of you from so many miles away, and I'll be there as soon as I can. Hang in there my Bestie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!