Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dr. Phillips Splash Pad

Just twenty minutes from our home is a place called Dr. Phillips Splash Pad. I've been avoiding it. It costs $1/person and I didn't want to get everyone ready, drive 20 minutes, pay $4 and watch a complete meltdown from someone. I actually dreaded taking the kids which isn't my usual attitude for new adventures. I've heard great things about the splash pad and decided to check it out. Alex insisted on wearing rain boots in case it rained.
It is well worth the $4! I'm glad I packed snacks because there isn't a place to buy anything. In reality, this is a great thing. I don't have to fight with the kids about what we buy or eat. The attendant would only take ones and wouldn't break a $20 bill so that is something else to keep in mind. The $4 is well worth it. The kids lasted two hours! They were exhausted the rest of the day. Another suggestion is to take buckets. It helps with imaginative play and other kids bring them so it helps eliminate arguments. I wish I hadn't waited over a year to take the kids. If you're in the area, check it out. It is a fun outing.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I want to go play in the splash pad, too!!!! Glad you all had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look fun, I have yet to take the kids to the splash pad here... I think the boots are a great accessory! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!