Monday, July 2, 2012

GAK

I found a recipe for GAK or as I realized, flubber. It only takes three ingredients to make it so I thought it was worth the little experiment. A neighbor who is going into 4th grade came over to play with the kids so we made enough for four kids. All four kids thought it was really neat so we made it twice today! '
I tweaked the recipe a little bit and it worked out well for us. The kids poured 8 ounces of glue into a bowl with 8 ounces of water.
The kids mixed and mixed the glue and water. They kept asking what we were making because it was just a bowl of watery glue!
We added borax by the teaspoon, with half a cup of warm water, and continued to stir as it solidified. I continued to add the borax as we stired the mixture. As more GAK formed, I pulled it out of the watery goo and gave it to the kids. They played with it for the majority of the afternoon.
Tempera paint can be added for color. Gabriel took markers and colored his GAK. It was actually a neat way to add color and looked tie dyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!