Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 5 summer education

We are almost to the halfway point of summer break. In some ways the last month had gone fast. I can hardly remember dragging the boys to school in the morning. Yet some days are challenging and seem to drag on far longer than 24 hours.
Gabriel started the week like a two year old. Curious about things that aren't his like my mascara which ended up in his hair, making it an interesting morning. Some days autism is very annoying.
Eventually I got everyone settled in the playroom for some learning time. Gabriel worked on the alphabet puzzle with Lane. This was a neat moment because Gabriel doesn't care for puzzles and he doesn't always take time to show his younger siblings things that he knows how to do.
I found cookie sheet activities for the kids. Lane matched upper case letters with magnets while the boys created words. I like this activity a lot. It is far more interesting for them to play with magnets than sit and write. I didn't have to motivate them to work at all. The link to the cookie cutter sheet activities is here: http://blog.maketaketeach.com/?p=508

1 comment:

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!