Saturday, December 15, 2012

A niece turns 13!

My third born niece turned thirteen years old in November. She is around four years old in my head still. I can't believe she is already a teenager. I'm sure her parents wonder where the time has gone as well.
I don't like sending money for gifts even though it might be the most liked gift. I want the child to have something material to hold and love, to look at and think about us when they see it. The problem is that the tweens and early teens are difficult to buy for - I never know what I can buy that will cherish. I know, I should give in and send the money.


This year I saw a really cute idea and decided to make it for my niece. I put the numbers "1" and "3" in a mason jar and filled it with her favorite candy. I think it's a gift that I would enjoy receiving even at this age.
I might make more of these as gifts - it was easy, affordable, and included a favorite item for the birhday kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!