Saturday, December 15, 2012

Galaxy Dough

On Fairy Dust Teaching, I found a recipe for galaxy play dough.

From these every day items,


I created a substance that kept the kids entertained long enough for me to make dinner and straighten the house. This is a rarity for us! It was an easy thing to throw together but as my children's imagination grew, so did the mess. It would be better to limit the amount of time children use galaxy dough unless you have children who don't have the intense creative juices my children have every day.


The recipe begins with this information:

What You Will Need

2 cups of plain flour
2 cups of water with black and blue food coloring (you will need the large bottle of black food coloring for the deep color)
1 Tbsp. of cooking oil
1 Tbsp. cream of tartar
1 cup of salt

glitter - silver, purple, blue

Mix the liquid ingredients in a pain, add the mixed dry ingredients and stir until they form the dough.




Let the fun begin! I found recipes for other types of play dough and hope to make them soon for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!