Sunday, December 2, 2012

Playroom Bench


We moved the end of July. When we move to a new home, many of our organizational methods need to be tweaked. Things that fit in the old house don't fit well in the new house.
The kids have a play room right off the kitchen/dining room on the main floor which is perfect for us. This house is our favorite home, by far. There are very few things I would change on it.
Our organizational cabinets from our last home did not fit well in this house. We have more room but things are situated differently. Better, I think. So when I saw an organization idea on I Heart Oraganizing, I had to go for it. http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/ I love her blog. I think we could be real friends if we met in person. However, she would probably figure out in a nanosecond that I want to suck the organizational information out of her brain. Maybe she would like me too. I have some cool ideas in my head to share with her.
This project took much longer to accomplish than I thought it would. We had the shelves and bins right away and that helped with our toy collection. However, getting the wood, fabric, and foam took a while. We finished this the end of November, a few months after completing the shelves and bins with labels. We had to plan to go to JoAnn's and Home Depot because we don't frequent the stores often.
The project is also a costly one unless you remember to use a coupon. The cost to consider inclueds the shelves, wood, bins, material, and foam. Overall though, it was worth the time and expense. I want to add art work, pillows, and a new rug to the room. (and a large cabinet that my friend is painting for me) Then the room will be complete. We plan on staying here for a few years so we can wait a few more months until the room comes together completely.


If you are near an IKEA, I recommend this project. Maybe you are more motivated to accomplish these tasks than we are and if that is the case, jump on this idea. It's a fun one and my kids now have an uber cute area to sit and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!