Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Airboat ride

There are several things I love about living in the greater Orlando area. Two of those things are: 1. we are never bored. There is ALWAYS something to do here. Besides the theme parks, there are festivals, concerts, and events all over the area. We live 40 minutes from beach parking. We have stores galore and every kind of food possible.
2. My friends and family visit. I love when our friends take time out of their vacations to spend time with us. Even better is when a friend tells me they will be here ahead of time and we make plans.
A friend of mine from grade school traveled here with her son and husband. We made plans to get together with our families and decided an airboat ride would be an unique experience.
Airboat rides are awesome in Florida. They show visitors the rarely seen side of Florida. I highly recommend these tours. Andrew and I went on an airboat in Lousiana years ago. The kids have been on three airboats since we've lived here and it has been a fun adventure every time.
The eight of us made our way to Camp Holly, less than 20 minutes from the ocean, on the St. Johns river.




Lane and Alex wore life jackets and all three kids had squished, chubby faces from the ear phones. It was an adorable look for them. We saw alligators, fish, and numerous kind of birds. It's a great learning experience for our kids.
If anyone visits Orlando, I recommend going on an airboat ride. I also recomend calling us to join you.

1 comment:

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!