Monday, December 17, 2012

A short thank you

A short thank you for my son's teacher today:
Dear ___,
I write this note exactly three days after the CT tragedy. I watched the time on the clock and felt extreme sorrow for the families of the lost ones.
The past three days I have thanked whatever powers that be for you. Thank you for being a public school teacher. Thank you for being the kind of teacher who I know would protect my child at whatever cost. I know this beause we have shared laughs and tears over the past few months. You have loved my child even when it wasn't easy to do so. You are an amazing gift for Gabriel and I will never be able to express my gratitude fully in words. "Thank you" does not seem like enough.
I will anxiously give his little hand to you today but in my heart I know that if I can't hold him, you are the next best person.
Sincerely,
Jessica

1 comment:

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!