Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gimme that back!

Tonight Lane crawled into bed with me after being in her bed for a couple hours. I rolled my eyes and thought, " really, sweetie, you are almost 3.5...it's time to give me my bed back."
Then a guilty feeling washed over me and I held her tight. She is still so little. Physically, she is a peanut. I still adore her sweet breathing on my cheek as she sleeps. The comforting rise and fall of her chest.
Then Lane was startled from her sleep and looked genuinely frightened. Since I was still next to her and awake, I was able to comfort her and tell her that I was beside her. My heart melted when her discomfort ceased and she smiled in her half woken state.
I wouldn't mind more room in the bed but it was a reminder to me that she is still little. She still needs me and I am doing what I think she needs most. One day I will have my bed back and knowing me, I will cry because I will long for the days of a three year old again



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!