Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bead Sun Catcher


Gabriel likes beads. The best par is that he likes the inexpensive dollar store beads so I don't mind if he loses them or uses a ton for creative play. I will admit though, that the beads are a pain to clean up when strewn across the tile floor and I need to vacumm. Oh well.
I saw melted bead sun catchers on this site: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185741.0#axzz2OspZW1B5

I looked up she made these cute crafts and they are easy peasy! (lemon squeezy) I showed Gabriel and he wanted to make one too.
I preheated the oven to 400 degrees. We pulled out the round cake pan the canister of beads. Gabriel spread the beads in the cake pan so they were only one layer thick. He wanted to use all of the colors rather than choose certain colors.



This is an interesting thing for him to do because he is very color orientated and usually prefers only one or two colors.
We cooked the beads for about half an hour. When it was done, we let it cool for a little while and popped it out of the pan. We had a couple natural holes from the position of the beads melting so I don't have to drill any holes. I just have to add some fishing line and hang it.
It was a neat craft to do on a chilly Spring Break morning.

2 comments:

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!