Friday, March 15, 2013

St Patrick's Day (preschool)



May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
~Irish Blessing


I introduced Lane to St. Patrick's Day. I found a cute shamrock project on this site: http://www.childcarelandblog.com/2012/03/paint-chip-shamrocks.html A shamrock template is included on the blog site. I printed out the template and cut it out. Then we glued it to green paper. I gave Lane a pair of scissors and some gren paint chips I had collected for this type of project. I asked Lane to cut on the white lines and she did so without any hesitation. The pieces seemed too large so she cut each piece again. When she was done cutting, she glued her green pieces to the shamrock.



I found some printable cutting strips on the Montessori Print Shop. It cost 79 cents to download the two sheets of cutting strips. I put the strips in a little bucket with two pairs of scissors. An empty bucket was set next to it for the cut pieces. I need to find a decent tray for these activities. She snipped away and liked the little pictures. The next day she created art work that included these little pictues.



I think my favorite part of the evening is that it was Lane's idea to wear her St. Patrick's Day pajamas. They have been in her drawer since last year and she asked to wear them!

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!! You are so good with your kids!!! Lane is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!