Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dem Bones, dem bones..


Lane and Gabriel have asked me about bones for a couple weeks now. Skeletons hold some new fascination for them. They wanted to know the different names for bones and I had to look it up because I couldn't remember the names. It is certainly true that I learn with my children.
We stayed up far past their bed time learning where femurs, craniums, and phalanges are located. I forgot how much I like to call my fingers "phalanges," something I taught a preschool class years ago.
I took Lane to her follow-up surgery appointment and the kids were thrilled to discuss the names of bones with the doctor. I have to admit that I was full of pride when they got some large names correct.


I found an eight page skeleton puzzle onine. This link: http://www.spelloutloud.com/2011/09/human-body-learning-about-bones.html prints out a toddler size skeleton. Lane and Gabriel thought it was pretty cool to put together. I want to label the different bones with them and hang it on the wall for them to look at whenever they are inerested and done putting the puzzle together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!