Monday, March 18, 2013

Pom Pom Patterns


We made a trip to two stores to get some inexpensive Montessori materials. We went to the thrift store and a dollar store. I was able to get trays, bowls, a large magnet, sensory material, and much more at very affordable prices.
When Lane and I were alone this afternoon, I set up my first Montessori tray. I've done several Montessori inspired activities for the kids but I haven't set up a little tray yet. It was a little exciting for me.
I found a circle pattern and printed it for her. I trimmed it to fit in the plastic tray. I added a bowl, poms, and large tweezers to the tray. I showed Lane how to transfer poms to the tray with the tweezers. She quickly created the patterns.
This activity was great for fine motor skills, patterns, and color recognition. That's a lot of learning wrapped up in one activity.



Lane started with a two handed method but her fine motor skills are strong enough for a one handed squeeze. She was able to tell me the pattern after she finished the activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!