Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Can Read, Can you?

I bought a wall sentence strip holder over a year ago. I've had little stories I printed in it. The kids haven't been interested in it for a while so I decided to change the stories to something more interesting for them.
My idea came from two difference sources. I saw an "I can read" idea that used common signs like McDonalds. I also saw an idea with names and pictures to help children identify names.
My kids love to look at themselves so I got their school pictures out and added them to the holder. I have sentence strips from the dollar store so I wrote, "I Can Read." on the first line. Then the next three lines say, "I can read... Lane, Gabriel, Alex" and the last line says, "Can you?"
I showed Lane the words and read them with her. She said, "but I can't read Mommy!" Then she was upset because I didn't use all capitals in her name.
Oh well, maybe she will appreciate the effort at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!