Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Alex's summer birthday

We celebrate birthdays in our home but the celebrations have gotten less elaborate over the years. Since Alex's birthday has fallen shortly after our moves the past two years, we haven't known kids his age in the area to join us. We celebrated but not with his friends.  
I was thrilled when I received a note from Alex's teacher letting me know that he would be a part of a summer birthday celebration at school.  I offered to send in a snack for the party but it quickly became a larger ordeal.  I can't believe my baby boy is turning seven this summer! 
I incorporated the last day of school treats into his party. 

I attempted to print on the paper bag but it didn't work for me. (Pinterest fail!) I pulled out a sun stamp instead and closed it with a summery ribbon. The bag held pretzels. I added tape to the water bottle with a paper straw. Duct tape comes in all sorts of fun patterns now making the possibilities endless. I added a ball in a snack size baggie with a topper that said, "have a ball this summer." 

I cleaned two of our sand buckets in order to hold the kids treats. The balls were in one pail and crazy straws were held in another pail.  I printed some cute Happy Birthday gifs that I found online and taped them to the pails. It was super easy! 

Lane and I set up the classroom while the kids were in music class. She is enjoyed setting up the plates, napkins, and food. It was adorable to see her enthusiasm.

 



Lane and I were able to stay to watch the class sing to Alex. He wore his crown with jewels and had a grin from ear to ear. It was a great way to celebrate the life of our little Alex  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!