Tuesday, June 18, 2013

DANCE gifts


The kids have incredible dance teachers. Their experience and patience abounds and I am grateful to have them in our lives. The boys are busy with hip hop while Lane learns tap and ballet. I hope their love for creative expression lasts throughout their lives and I feel certain that it will happen with their teacher's instruction.
We started dance in January of this year. It was rocky at first. Alex had a love/hate relationship with the idea of dance. The kids hadn't been apart of a group sport in a while and it was a new concept to them. Even when I took them to gynmastics, it was shortlived and I helped them during the lesson.
Our first recital was this past Saturday and I wanted to bring a gift for each teacher. I didn't allow enough time to order something and I already gave them flowers for teacher appreciation week. I had to get creative in order to show Miss Meagan and Miss Maggie how much we appreciate their time and dedication. I realize they spend hours outside of the studio preparing for my children's lessons. (and if they don't, they've fooled me!)


Each teacher was given a cosmetic bag in their favorite color. The bag contained foot scrub, a nail file, and bathroom containers.


Then I found a fun hip hop image for the boys. They thought it was cool but offered no assistance in creating the card. They agreed to write their names though.


Lane and her friend painted their hands to make hand print ballerinas. Miss Maggie and the girls love purple so it was all done in purple! I saw the idea on this blog: http://meetthedubiens.com/2011/06/handprint-ballerina-tutu.html
Lane was more than happy to assist in adding glitter and ribbon to this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!