Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer School 2013


The first day of our routine for home summer school began today. I utilized the craft sticks which was surprisingly met with enthusiasm all morning. I think I could get the routine including all of academics accomplished by noon. We were close today.



Mathematics is one subject all three of Mai children enjoy and it seems to come easily to them at this point. I enjoyed watching them all work on math at the same time. Lane counted stickers in circles and worked on same/different pictures. Alex worked on second grade dinosaur word problems while Gabriel worked on geometric shapes. They were all silent for a few moments as they worked. Ahhhhh.

Lane chose the letter "P" to work on today. In Montessori, she learned the sound "pah" rather than the letter name "peeee". After she wrote the leter a couple times, I asked her if she remembered the name and sound of the letter. She quickly said, "pah." Then she stopped. She looked at me and said, "poop?" Yep, my bright daughter thought Pp is named poop.

Our friend stopped by with her new 11 month old boxer. Gabriel was especially thrilled to have a young puppy in the house. I had forgotten how fun, energetic, and playful young dogs are and it was a joy to meet Lucy.



Prior to dance class, we went to a Summer kick-off party. There was a bouncehouse, crafts, and snacks. They also put on a movie and my kids enjoyed Junie B Jones quite a bit. Lane told me later that it was nice to relax.

2 comments:

  1. Might it Junie B and the Not So Bummer Summer? We have watched that one several times. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!