Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let it Snow!

Let it snow! Well, not really here in Orlando and to be honest, thats okay with me. I miss a lot of things about Iowa but winter weather is not one of them
I deal with depression daily and it'd much worse in bad weather. I had a difficult time in Iowa and will blog about that another time. I know some people love snow and ice but something deep in my soul can't survive in it happily
I will admit that when it's 84 and sunny, it does not feel like the holidays. I've has a tough time getting into the season this year. I went through the motions but didn't feel like it was "quite right". Maybe two or three days of snow would work for me.
The kids decorated our dining room window with our version of a snowman. It won't melt and we didn't freeze trying to make it. It didn't help my non-festive mood but it is bright and cheery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!