Monday, July 8, 2013

Alex loves math

Alexander is 6 and continues to love math. Last week he played a math game on his DS and he wanted to earn more stars on each level. This meant that he needed to learn more math. He was adamant that I teach him more math. 
This week I printed math worksheets for him. I tried to find interesting worksheets.    Alex worked on math for a long time this morning, making it necessary for me to find more math for the rest of the week. 
I'm a little lost I'm which direction to go from here. For now I will continue strengthening his multiplication and division.  He already knows money, time, and fractions so I will need to figure out what is taught next to little mathematicians. 
He completed a book about time. In it, he had to show time on clocks by drawing the hands.  There were also story problems for him to work on.  This activity didn't last long. 
He worked on several multiplication worksheets.  His last worksheet was the 0-9 multiplication table. I love watching him figure out the answers with his fingers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!