Sunday, July 21, 2013

Matching kids clothing

It isn't a secret that I adore matching children's outfits.  Coordinating works for me too. I remember staring dreamily at the matching mother daughter outfits, wishing my mom would want to wear the velvet Christmas dresses with me. I don't think I ever told her about it and I'm not sure why. Maybe because I had siblings and they might not have gone along with my idea and that would have been disappointing. 
I no longer want the heavy emerald green  matching dresses but I still like to put my kids in matching things.  When we go to places like Disney, these matching clothes making it much easier to spot my children. I don't have to think about which color each child is wearing.  However, it isn't easy to find fabrics and patterns that work for boys and girls.  When I found a matching fish print for the kids, I had to get it.  The amusing part is that I didn't find the clothes on the same day or even at the same shop.  They came from four different stores, (we have three shirts and one dress) about a year apart. 



An FYI: I do allow input from the kids. They do not have to wear the coordinating or matching outfits except for photos.  Even then I usually lose if one of them has a strong opinion. Once they are older and wont wear these outfits, I will only beg for matching holiday pajamas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!