Monday, July 1, 2013

Lane's princess decorations.

Laney wanted a Sofia the First birthday party until two weeks prior to the party. Then she changed her mind and wanted a Rapunzel themed birthday party. Since I had a ton of saved of ideas for a Sofia party, I had to switch gears quickly.  Thankfully Sofia and Rapunzel are both princesses and both wear purple. 
I was able to use some of the same ideas  and Lane liked the idea of using all of the princesses. 
Her party was held at her dance studio. When we arrived the table was already set and it was so pretty. I was thrilled that it all came together in the end. 
If you look at the photo, you can see Lane's hand reaching for some Cheetos  

It's probably a good thing I didn't have longer to plan because I would have gone overboard with the fun theme. 


I added yellow ribbon and a large yellow flower to some purple cups.  I bought the cups and plastic flowers from the dollar store.  It was easy to hot glue the ribbon and flower. 


Plain purple forks are fine but why turn the forks into royal forks! I glued sparkly gems to each fork to add some pizzazz.
I wanted something cute for the forks too I cleaned the can and added purple duct tape.  I'm still amazed by the colors and patterns that are available.  I grabbed the hot glue gun and added ribbon around the can and a large purple plastic flower.  
I found a free printable that said "welcome royal guests."   I put it in an inexpensive dollar store frame and set it up for the party.  I didn't do a ton for Lane's party but the simple personal touches added something special for her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!