Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Homeschool Marches On...

We continue to work on learning activities here in our home. We usually start the week out strong and end it fairly week, completing few things on Friday. I need to figure out how to keep the momentum going through the entire week.
Lane loves to paint so it was easy to get her interested in mixing colors. She learned about an artist's palette and the color wheel by using a free printable on this site: http://www.mamamiss.com/2013/07/06/learning-monkeys-paint-palette-color-wheel/ She loved it and told me that she felt like a "real" artist.



I want Lane to work on her letter and number formation. Her writing needs quite a bit of practice despite her developed fine motor skills. I printed neat number formation sheets from this site: http://teachinglittleonesathome.blogspot.com/2013/07/printable-number-formation-practice.html She likes these pages because the different sized boxes are intriguing to her.
I found a clever math preschool idea on Pinterest. Unfortunately, there is no link for me to give credit to the original person. However, it challenged Lane and that is what I want because the basic math problems are too easy for her. I wrote numbers on squares of paper and taped the flags to pipe cleaners. She counted beads as she threaded them on the pipe cleaner.


This site: http://deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com/2011/12/its-all-same-math-puzzle-game.html has twelve three-part puzzles that are free to print. I cut them out for Alex and set them out. It took him a while to complete the puzzles but he was so proud of himself when he was done. It's called "it's all the same" - a perfect name for a game that showed Alex how each of the problems came to the same resulting number.


Gabriel and I worked on ending sounds, his computer work, and geometric shapes. I printed out shapes and names and we matched them. 


Gabriel has been fascinated about creating Angry Birds. He has a huge bag full of Angry Birds he has drawn and cut out. I found a cool down Angry Bird printable. He talked about it all day. Maybe it will be successful cool down strategy for him. It can be found here: http://kbkonnected.tumblr.com/post/19926961536/dont-be-an-angry-bird-cooling-down-strategies-and



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!