Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Princess Lane Moments

I want to share a few recent moments shared with Lane that will turn to memories. I don't want to forget these sweet four year old moments.  


While waiting for dance class, I peeked in at Lane in her room. Lane was quiet. She seemed too quiet so I had to check 
She was brushing her Furbys fur with her doll brushes and sorting through her doll clothing, attempting to find something to fit Furby. She wore my sunglasses for that added flare. These are the "girl" moments I imagined when Lane was an infant.

 
Lane work up at 3 am and asked to watch a kids show.  She was still awake half an hour later so Daddy gave in. She quietly watched tv while Andrew slept. At 9 am, she carried a birthday gift to the couch and began coloring.  By 9:15, she was sound asleep with a marker in her hand. 



Lane passed her swimming test two years ago.  Shortly after, she developed a fear of the water.  I was very concerned that she would panic if something would happen with her and water. Drowning is a serious concern in Florida .  I wanted to get her into a refresher or maintenance class but the timing didn't work. 
Instructors offered lessons at the community pool so I signed Lane up for a two week class. She was very fearful and unhappy.  Lane was the only child who signed up for classes during her time slot, making her lessons solo lessons! Perfect!
The first two classes she cried the majority of the half hour. By the third class, she said that she having fun and she worked on kicking and putting her head under water for a short distance. I am so proud of her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!