Saturday, July 27, 2013

Gabriel and Brody

Brody, our German shepherd mix, turns 12 in October.  When Brody was younger, we talked about how he needed a "boy".  Then Gabriel was born in 2004 and we introduced our first boy Brody to our first human boy, Gabriel. 
Gabriel had loved Brody ever since.  The feeling mutual. 
When Gabriel was a baby, if Andrew and I got into a disagreement, Brody would stand between the two of us while I held Gabriel.  Brody wasn't about to let something happen to Gabriel. (Or me)
Brody is in his elderly years.  He is mostly deaf and still the sweetest dog ever.  Honestly, he is one of those dogs anyone would want to clone. Every day, we worry about the end of Brody's days yet we are so happy to give Brody a good life with us. 
Gabriel asked if Brody is going to die tonight.  I told him that it won't be tonight as far as I can tell but I suggested that Gabriel enjoy every day with his Brody because we never know when the last day when come. 


Gabriel showed Brody his minion game. It will be a terribly sad day when we Brody passes but I'm so grateful for the 12 years we have been given so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!