Friday, May 6, 2011

Boobie Check


I couple months ago I found 2 or 3 lumps in my left breast. I've noticed that one is getting larger. I went to the gyn yesterday after making an appointment. Since it was just a "boobie" check, I took the Princess with me.
For the most part, I like the office but there are a couple nurses who could use a personality makeover or a new career choice. I got one of those nurses. She took my weight and height - I measured 5'6" for the first time in my life. She also took a blood sample and did a urinalysis. I thought this was odd for my type of appointment but it's always good to know that my numbers are fine.
We got into the exam room and she started setting up for an annual exam. Ahhhh - that's why she thinks I'm here. I told her that I'm not interested in that type of appointment, I just need to discuss some lumps I found. She said, "but we have you down for an annual exam." I replied, "I didn't ask for one. I asked to discuss some lumps I found. I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding on someone's part."
Clearly, I know what I called for and asked for... and I am not getting an annual exam with my 22 month old in the room. It's a small room and I don't know what I would do with her in there! The nurse finally left the room but she was visibly frustrated with me and my lack of compliance.
A few minutes later, another nurse with even less personality comes into the room and tries to talk me into an annual exam. What the heck is this? Bad nurse, worse nurse?! No, I'm not giving in, quit bullying me ! - this is screaming in my head but I keep a smile on and thank her for her time but I'm not getting another exam right now.
After a couple minutes with the dr, I'm asked to come back in a month for a recheck to see if the lumps are still there and for an annual exam. Guess they get their exam after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!