Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hand-me-down Heaven

When Gabriel was younger we received a few handmedowns but not a ton. We were extremely grateful for everything because we were adjusting from a two income household to one income at the time. There was little extra money so anything helped us out.
I can't remember receiving anything after Alex was born. I'm sure everyone assumed we had things from Gabriel. This was mostly true but we didn't have much summer stuff in certain sizes. Thankfully we had adjusted to our new lifestyle and Andrew's career was going well.
Lane arrived and finances are a little tighter again due to student loan payments and increased medical bills. It's just the reality of life. We have been blessed with handmedowns for her. We have even received clothing for the boys since living in Sioux City.
I'm so grateful for the clothing. It's like a holiday when we open the bags and boxes from our generous friends. However, I have a strange emotion to admit. As I look through the clothing, I can remember my friend's children wearing the outfits. It makes me sad to think that their children have grown and moved on. I don't know why I get sentimental about it but I do. It's surprising to me that I feel sadness at the growth of their children. Time goes by faster it seems It doesn't seem quite right that my baby girl will turn two in six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!