Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo 2011


The playgroup joined Gigi's Playhouse, a Down Syndrome awareness center, for a Cinco de Mayo party. It was really an excuse to get together for dinner and watch our children interact. I'll take advantage of any "holiday" to celebrate, even Left Handers Day!
I think we had a great group of families. Our children are all so sweet and I have a great time getting to know the families at Gigi's. As a parent of a special needs child, I appreciate being around other families who have an idea of what I'm experiencing as well. I feel very welcome at Gigi's and look forward to spending more time there.
Some of the children used the karaoke machine near the end of the play date. Although it could get annoying after a while, it was neat to hear their little voices singing and talking through the microphone.
Our Princess had fun playing with her friend who is 20 hours younger. He gave her a kiss and hug when he left. Oh, how I wish I had a camera to capture that moment.
I look forward to another taco bar next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!