Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chair facelifts

When our neighbors moved in December, they offered us their outdoor chairs and plants. We moved with little furniture so we more than happy to move everything to our rather empty back deck. The four chairs had received a lot of direct sun on their front porch so the poor things were a completely different color from their original sage.
I wasn't entirely sure how to give them a makeover. I've done little projects over the years and I wanted to salvage them. Lane and I took a trip to Pier One a while ago and found new cloth for the chairs. We chose a bright fun pattern that worked with what we had on the deck.
I had to hide the purple chair covers from her because she loves all things purple. However, I think purple will receive a lot of damage from the sun
Andrew took on the first stage of chair facelift and replaced the chair covers this weekend. Eventually I want to paint the chairs black but I'm unsure when that will happen. I really like the difference already.

1 comment:

  1. Jess--That fabric is stunning!!!! I love the makeover!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!