Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pocket Chart Books

I bought a pocket chart and hung it up in our small play room. The kids didn't even notice the red thing hanging on the wall. Until today when I asked them to sit on the rug and watch as I made a magical book appear on the wall. All three children sat amazed at how the red thing transformed into a fun book with words they could actually sound out and read. It was just a couple months ago that Gabriel's lightbulb went off and now Alex has begun CVC worlds and site word recognition. It's fun to watch them work on the words and figure out what each lines says in the book. Gabriel did an exceptional job and after practicing a couple times, he read the senence strips fluently. I have two more little books printed and ready to set up for reading practice. I wish I could say this idea was mine but it's not. In fact, all I had to do was find the link and print the three books. Someone else did the work and even had links for me to use for free. I'm grateful! http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/PocketChartPrintables.html Use the above address if you want to use this idea too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!