Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dye/die eggs

When I told Alex that we would dye eggs, he was completely confused by the idea. The boys call killing a character on a game, "dying". He thought we were going to "die" the eggs and he could not comprehend what I meant by "dye" the eggs. What a funny misunderstanding!
We dyed eggs the day before Easter. I looked forward to their reaction to coloring the eggs this year. I added patterns and names with a white crayon and they were surprised when something other than a color showed on the egg.
I found the idea of using a whisk on Pinterest. It worked great! I think we'll get three whisks next year. I had to talk the Easter bunny out of hiding the real eggs and hiding plastic eggs. I know I looked for real eggs as a kid but it grosses me out now.

4 comments:

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!