Saturday, April 28, 2012

Have I Mentioned That I Like Free Lately?

I really like free things. Man, I really really like things that are free. Hand-me-downs are delightful. Toys that other children no longer love become favorite for my children. Freecycle has been a friend of mine for over 7 years. I've given away many things and I've gotten many in return. Today we set up a computer that was gifted to us from a fellow Freecycler. The kids were very excited as they watched us figure out a place to put it. I crossed my fingers that somene didn't give us something that was broken. All too often, Freecycle becomes a way to unload trash. This time we were lucky and grateful to receive a working computer. The kids have been playing Starfall for a few hours. The boys even taught Lane how to use the mouse and talked to her about the alphabet and numbers. Those moments when the three of them are cooperative and loving toward each other are wonderful. I realize that they really do like each other when I see them treat each other kindly and I am so glad we were able to give them each two siblings. As I thought about how grateful I am about receiving a computer for the kids, I thought about how we could afford to purchase one for them. We have the means. I just didn't want to put money into something that I was afaid wouldn't be appreciated by children. Since we have a working laptop, I couldn't justify spending the money on something when we could use the money toward something more practical. Now I hope the kids treat their "new" computer with respect so it lasts for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!