Thursday, August 9, 2012

Frozen sea creatures

The kids needed some direction while playing. They have begun to rely on tv or computer games. If I won't allow either, they run like crazy in the house.
I opened a pack of plastic sea creatures from the dollar store and put them in a bowl of water. I placed the bowl in the freezer and realized it was the perfect day to show the kids my surprise. I pulled out the water table and the kids tools. The toys in the ice were dumped into the water, creating giggles from three excited children.
The kids discovered turtles, starfish,
and other colorful plastic sea creatures. They chipped away at the ice with hammers and ate the ice with glee. It was a fun activity for a hot and humid day.
Alex thought that Lane ate too much ice and became angry with the situation. It was an easy problem to solve - I dumped the ice from the ice maker Into the water table and explained that getting upset about frozen water isn't necessary. All was well and it cost $1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!