Friday, August 10, 2012

Our Lizard House

The first thing we hung up at our new home was the bird house my dad made for us a couple years ago. We love it but haven't found a decent place for it until now. Our Sioux City house had large trees but I wanted the bird house closer to our house so I could see it. Andrew suggested I get the binoculars out. Then our Celebration townhouse didn't have a good place unless we had picked a spot inside the house. We hung it on our back deck and it is so beautiful. No birds have taken residence in it (yet) but a lizard has and it entertains Gabriel and me. He sits on top of the bird house and checks things out around him. I hope he is a quick lizard should a bird decide to live in the bird house at some point. It would be a real bummer to watch him become bird food after watching him for a couple weeks. A little plug - my dad makes and sells these bird houses. I recommend them to anyone, even if you aren't a bird lover. They are great for decorative pieces or gifts. How neat would it be to tell someone that you had a gift handmade for them? If you aren't in Florida, you might not get to have a lizard live in your bird house but you would get something with impressive craftsmenship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!