Tuesday, August 28, 2012

St Cloud Story time

I took the kids to story time regularly at the South Sioux City library when we lived in Iowa. I took Lane to a baby story time and the boys to a preschool story time. We also attended special events and family story time at that same library.
Since moving back to Florida over a year ago, I haven't found the same enthusiasm or friendliness at other story times. I know we were spoiled by the librarian there because we became friends. Maybe my expectations are high from those experiences but I want someone who does more than read a book and who makes us feel welcome when we arrive.
Lane was thrilled when I asked her if she wanted to attend story time. I finally found a story time I like in our area. It's family friendly and it was interactive. The story time was for kids ages 3-5 and focuses on barns this time. The librarian read two books, sang songs,
performed finger plays, danced with kids and showed the kids flannel board stories. Lane was engaged the entire time. We will definitely go back and I might take the boys to the school age story time to see if they like it as well

1 comment:

  1. Story time sounds fun! I used to take my son to story time when we lived in Birmingham!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!