Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Love Organizing

I love to organize things. I mean, I really love to organize and find new and better ways to store things. It's a fun challenge for me with the exception of feeling scattered and unorganized in the process. When we move, I need to figure out new ways to organize our items. This can take a while because the furniture doesn't quite fit from one home to the next. Or things break and then I need to figure out what will work for us. We have a larger home after this last move but less storage space. I am going to have to get creative. I've been searching Pinterest and the internet for different ways to store toys, reading material, creative materials and more. I went to the dollar store and bought see through containers for the art supplies. Everything was in zip locs in a large container but it was impossible to see what we had and that didn't assist the creative side of my children. I've had the containers for a week and I've seen a huge transformation in their interest for creating with our art supplies. I also picked up some bins for plastic items in our pantry. I like giving the kids access to their plastic cups. This makes them responsible for picking out their own cup without arguing about which one I pick out for them. I printed labels for the containers, laminated, and either taped or tied the labels. I'm sure there is a better way to label including using my label maker but I really like these labels! In the meantime, we are working away on the play room. I will blog about it when we see some progress.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You are so organized---your labels are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!