Monday, October 17, 2011

Dora lunch bag




As a nanny, I thought I knew what kind of parent I would be one day. The children wouldn't watch television and would have a day full of creative enrichment. I would create wonderful things with my children.
Well that isn't reality. While my children are creative, it certainly isn't a day long adventure. And I use tv to keep them occupied. I didn't realize how many other things I would need to accomplish or how TIRED I would be every day.
I have been working on creating that magical world for them though. Today I made a Dora lunch bag for Lane. It's important to her to be like her brothers and having a lunch bag and backpack fulfills part of that for her
Today I took the Target dollar lunch bag and ironed appliqués on it for her. It took a matter of minutes to get four Doras on it. The grin on her face has motivated me to do more fun things for and with the kids
(truth be told, I bought the appliqués to put on something for her birthday but didn't make time to do that when we were moving at that time - oh well, only four months later and I saw the smile I hoped to see)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, we are glad you stopped by!